Redesigned Tampa Electric website has new look and improved customer service
TAMPA, November 15, 2012
Customers may notice something new the next time they visit www.tampaelectric.com . They will now find information faster and easier – thanks to a cleaner, modern look with a strong focus on customers.
Tampa Electric and TECO Peoples Gas, along with TECO Energy, today introduce a complete overhaul of the companies’ websites, which are now streamlined, making them easier to use and navigate. The company developed the sites using extensive customer feedback. They are designed to simplify the 4 million online transactions and 11 million page views the companies see each year.
Leading the list of improvements is “responsive design” – which allows the screen to adapt to the device the customer is using, whether it’s a laptop, a smart phone or a tablet.
“Our customers want more information at their fingertips – whether they are surfing online at home on a computer, or on the go with a mobile device,” said Gordon Gillette, president of Tampa Electric and Peoples Gas. “We listened to them. The new sites are easy to use and will save customers valuable time.”
Other improvements include:
- The Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR) has been updated to reflect current data.
- Energy blogs will discuss information relevant to our customers and our industry.
Customers are welcome to comment and provide feedback. Customers will continue to have 24-hour online access to popular services, such as:
- E-Bill, which allows customers to electronically receive and pay their monthly electric bills online
- Open an account or transfer service within the Tampa Electric service area
- Order Zap Cap Systems® for power surge protection for home or business
- Report a malfunctioning streetlight or area light
Tampa Electric Company is the principal subsidiary of TECO Energy Inc. (NYSE: TE), an energy-related holding company with regulated utility operations in Florida, including both Tampa Electric and Peoples Gas System. Tampa Electric serves nearly 676,000 customers in West Central Florida. TECO Energy’s other major subsidiary, TECO Coal, owns and operates coal production facilities in Kentucky and Virginia.