In honor of Presidents’ day, save a few Benjamins – or a least a few Jacksons
Tampa Electric’s free home energy audit can help you save energy and money
TAMPA, February 14, 2013
As Americans celebrate Presidents’ Day on Monday, it’s the perfect time to let Tampa Electric help you save a few “Benjamins” on your power bill – or at least a few Jacksons (because – unlike Benjamin Franklin – Andrew Jackson actually served as president of the United States).
Be sure to take advantage of Tampa Electric’s free home energy audits to evaluate your energy use and provide tips to save energy year-round. Tampa Electric has performed more than 426,000 free energy audits – and paid almost 444,500 rebates to customers who have participated in the company’s energy-efficiency programs. That’s about as much electricity as it takes to serve 896,457 homes for a year.
To schedule a home energy audit, visit tampaelectric.com/save or call 813-275-3909.
Here are some other energy-saving tips to help you save a few presidents (and other Founding Fathers):
- Lower the temperature setting on your water heater to 120 degrees. (Annual savings = four Jacksons, one Lincoln and two Washingtons)
- Turn off your computers and printer if you won’t be using them in the next two hours. (Annual savings = one Jackson and three Washingtons)
- Replace your traditional incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), which use 75 percent less energy. (Savings = one Jackson and one Hamilton over each bulb’s lifetime)
- Cell phone chargers use energy, even when not charging a phone. Unplug them and other appliances, like microwave ovens and stereos, when not in use. (Annual savings = one Jackson)
- Be sure to turn off your digital video recorder (DVR) when not in use. DVRs continue to use energy, even when not recording your favorite shows. (Annual savings = one Grant and one Washington)
Tampa Electric offers about 40 energy-saving programs for residential and commercial customers – more programs than any other investor-owned utility in Florida. Check out programs such as Heating & Cooling (rebate up to $400), Ductwork (seal your ductwork for only $50), Ceiling Insulation (rebate up to $350) and more. These improvements pay for themselves over time. See www.tampaelectric.com/save for more information.
Tampa Electric Company is the principal subsidiary of TECO Energy Inc. (NYSE: TE), an energy-related holding company with regulated utility operations in Florida, including both Tampa Electric and Peoples Gas System . Tampa Electric serves more than 687,000 customers in West Central Florida. TECO Energy’s other major subsidiary, TECO Coal, owns and operates coal-production facilities in Kentucky and Virginia.