Yukon Transmission Line
Tampa Electric is committed to providing reliable, cost-effective electricity to you and your neighbors in the Sulphur Springs community.
Tampa Electric plans to upgrade and change the path of a transmission line connecting to the Yukon Substation, 1426 E. Yukon St., to improve reliability and access. (Please see attached map.) This new equipment will help to ensure the reliable delivery of electricity to homes and businesses in your area. We plan to:
- Build a new 69-kilovolt (kV) line along the east side of 15th Street to Waters Avenue.
- About a dozen new transmission poles will be installed.
- The poles will be made of concrete or steel and will be about 70 feet tall, with a diameter of 24 inches at ground level.
- Remove the existing wood and concrete poles from Yukon Substation to Waters Avenue later this year. Currently, the power line runs along back lot-lines and is difficult to access.
- Replace seven wooden distribution poles near their current locations.
Tree trimming and construction is scheduled to begin in August; the project will be complete by the end of 2014. Nearby residents may hear some construction-related noise during daylight hours. We urge residents to drive safely during construction for the safety of residents, vehicles and Tampa Electric crews.
If you would like to learn more about this project, please plan to attend our open house, when Tampa Electric representatives and members of the project team will be available to provide more details of the project and to answer your questions:
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, at Springhill Park Community Center, 1000 Eskimo Ave., Tampa 33604. (Entrance is on North 11th Street near Okaloosa Avenue.)
If you cannot attend the open house but would like to learn more about the new path of the transmission line, please contact the project manager at 813-309-9117.