Tampa Electric's comprehensive HVAC Maintenance program was developed to improve your home's heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system. The program, available to residential customers, enables you to earn a $75 rebate for taking an active role in ensuring your system is operating as efficiently as possible.
Please note: This is a comprehensive maintenance program that requires the contractor to complete all the measures listed below. This program goes above and beyond the basic annual tune-up. Once maintenance is performed, your system should operate at or near its maximum efficiency. The age and condition of your system may have an impact on the amount the contractor will charge for this service. Older systems or systems that have not received regular maintenance will likely require additional work that can increase the cost. Once all work is performed, the contractor will deduct the $75 rebate from the total amount due to perform all work.
Schedule an appointment with one of the licensed contractors that participates in the program. The contractor must perform all the measures below for you to qualify for the rebate. You can apply for the HVAC Maintenance program rebate every five years.
- Work must be performed by a licensed contractor that participates in the HVAC Maintenance program.
- The system must have ducted heating and/or cooling.
- The system must be over one year old.
- All work performed must meet the minimum standards set by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), including: Chemically clean indoor and outdoor coils
- Clean blower motor assembly
- Clean drain pan and drain line
- Examine and test all electrical connections and controls
- Tighten electrical connections in equipment
- Test voltage and amperage for motors and motor controls
- Test heat strip operation
- Test thermostat calibration
- Lubricate moving parts
- Measure temperature difference across evaporator coil
- Test and adjusting refrigerant level as required
- Qualifying units are eligible for this rebate every five years.
Acquiring your rebate
When scheduling a maintenance appointment with a licensed contractor that participates in the program, verify that the work they will be performing includes the items listed above. The contractor will submit an HVAC Maintenance program form that must be signed by both the homeowner and the contractor. In an effort to maintain quality control, you may receive a call from one of Tampa Electric's "verifying contractors" to schedule an optional post-maintenance inspection. For additional information, call 813-275-3909.