HVAC Motor Replacement
Tampa Electric's HVAC Motor Replacement program was developed to improve your home's heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system. The program, available to residential customers, enables you to earn a $135 rebate when you have your existing heating and cooling system retrofitted with a high-efficiency electronically commutated motor (ECM). The high-efficiency motor is designed to make your system operate more efficiently and help reduce your energy costs.
- Work must be performed by a licensed HVAC contractor. The contractor must have a Tampa Electric vendor number .
- The system must have ducted heating and/or cooling.
- The existing ECM must not be covered by a manufacturer's warranty.
- The rebate applies to the replacement and/or installation of a new ECM only.
Acquiring your rebate
Have your contractor download and complete the HVAC Motor Replacement program form. The rebate will be processed after the following documentation is submitted to Tampa Electric:
- Completed and sign the HVAC Motor Replacement program form (must be signed by both the contractor and homeowner).
- Proof of purchase/contractor invoice.
- Manufacturer's motor specifications.
Please note: Tampa Electric requires the contractor to deduct the rebate amount from the customer's invoice and show the rebate amount as a separate line item on the customer's invoice. Once this is complete, the rebate will be paid directly to the contractor. In an effort to maintain quality control, you may receive a call from one of Tampa Electric's "verifying contractors" to schedule an optional post inspection of the work completed. For additional information, call 813-275-3909.