Sun to Go
Our Sun to Go program offers two easy ways to Go Green:
Power your event
Make a statement about your commitment to the environment by powering your social, family, business or political event with electricity generated by local solar installations. Whether you're hosting an event at a convention center, hotel, stadium or any other location* – even at your home – we'll provide the amount of solar-generated electricity your event requires in 200 kilowatt-hour blocks for the affordable rate of $5 per block. To learn more and speak with a Sun to Go representative who can assist you with evaluating any facility, call 813-275-3909.
Here are some recent participants:
- Amalie Arena Tampa Bay Lightning's annual Go Green night
- Florida State Fairgrounds
- Hilton Tampa Downtown
- LEGOLAND® Florida
- Pepin Heart Hospital
- Straz Performing Arts Center
- Tampa Sports Authority
- ZooTampa at Lowry Park
- University of South Florida
- Veterans Admin Hospital
*The facility must be serviced by Tampa Electric. A minimum purchase amount of $5 for 200 kWh will be added to the host's electric bill.
Subscribe to monthly solar blocks
Sun to Go makes it easy for you to support the use of solar throughout our communities. Launched in 2000 as Tampa Electric's Renewable Energy program, Sun to Go gives you the choice to purchase electricity generated from solar in 200-kilowatt "solar block" units at $5 each per month.
How does it work?
You determine how green you want to be by choosing one or more solar blocks each month. For each block you purchase, Tampa Electric will deliver 200 kWh of electricity generated from solar to the grid that supports all Tampa Electric customers. A separate line item on your monthly statement will show that you're paying $5 for each 200-kWh solar block you purchase. This charge is in addition to what you are currently paying for electricity.
The results can be measured:
- One solar block offsets the same amount of carbon dioxide as not driving an average passenger car for three months.
- Three solar blocks offset the same amount of carbon dioxide as planting an acre and a half of trees.
- Four solar blocks offset the same amount of carbon dioxide as removing an average passenger car from the road for one year.
Learn more about the solar arrays that support our Sun to Go program.