To report any life-threatening conditions, please call 911.
Report an outage
To report an outage, you will need your phone number, 12-digit account number or 6-digit meter number. Your account and meter numbers can be found on your monthly billing statement.
Help us serve you better by updating your contact information (phone numbers and email address). Our automated system will match your information to your service address when you call or go online to report an outage.
Choose from any of these convenient options to report the outage:
- Log into tecoaccount.com, and report your outage with one click.
- Report your outage online using your phone number, account number or meter number.
- Text OUT to 35069*.
- Call 1-877-588-1010 to report your outage at any time.
*If the phone number you enter is not recognized in our system, you may text OUT followed by your account number or meter number. For example: OUT212000000000 or OUTAB1234.
Get outage updates
To get the latest updates about the status of your electric service, you may use one of these convenient options:
- Sign up for Power Updates* through tecoaccount.com. When you sign up, you can let us know how you'd like us to contact you. You can receive texts, emails, and/or phone calls regarding your service and other important information.
- Text UPDATE to 35069**.
- Visit our outage map to track outages in your neighborhood. You can learn the cause and restoration status in addition to the number of customers affected and the estimated restoration time.
*Message and data rates may apply.
**If the phone number you enter is not recognized in our system, you may text UPDATE followed by your account number or meter number. For example: UPDATE212000000000 or UPDATEAB1234.
About power outages
Providing reliable service is one of our top priorities. However, natural occurrences like trees and animals coming into contact with electrical equipment cause more than half the outages that occur. View our reliability tip sheet to learn more. Did you know there are two main types of outages - a power outage and a momentary interruption?
Our restoration process
We follow a restoration plan with priorities to help the community return to normal as fast as possible. Visit our storm section and learn how our crews work until power is restored to all customers.
Prepare your home for power restoration
You should make sure your home is ready to safely receive electricity once power has been restored. Make sure there are no flammable items on the stove, no irons left on or other potentially dangerous situations. Turn off as many appliances as possible that require electricity and turn them on one by one after power is restored. This causes less stress to the power system and ensures that all customers get restored without unnecessary delays. You may want to leave your front porch light on so you will know when power is restored. When in doubt, or when leaving the home for an extended period, you should switch off your power at the main breaker.