Benefits of driving an Electric Vehicle (EV)
According to Consumer Reports, more than a third of Americans would definitely or seriously consider buying or leasing an EV if they were to buy a vehicle today. For those interested in reducing costs for transportation and lowering their carbon footprint, an EV is the way to go. Fun to drive, quiet and super-fast acceleration bring “fun” back to driving. Learn more about the benefits of driving an EV.
Lower maintenance costs
Maintaining an EV could not be easier. In addition to saving money by eliminating things like oil changes, tune-ups and fluid flushing, you’ll save time as well. EVs typically require less maintenance than conventional vehicles because:
- There are far fewer moving parts relative to a conventional gasoline engine.
- The battery, motor, and associated electronics require little or no maintenance.
- There are fewer fluids, such as engine oil and transmission fluid that need to be changed regularly.
- Brake wear is significantly reduced due to regenerative braking that actually puts energy back into the battery.
- The most regular maintenance you’ll be required to do with an electric car is replacing the windshield wipers and tires.
Electric vehicles produce zero tailpipe emissions, meaning they do not emit pollutants or greenhouse gases directly into the atmosphere. This helps to reduce air pollution and combat climate change, as transportation is a significant contributor to carbon dioxide emissions. Tampa Electric supports the use of EVs and is building on its own Green Fleet of more than 20 all-electric vehicles. This effort supports our vision for “Net Zero” emissions by 2050.
Electric motors are more efficient than internal combustion engines, which means EVs can convert a higher percentage of the energy from the grid to power at the wheels, reducing overall energy consumption and costs.
Quieter and Smoother Ride
Electric motors operate more quietly and provide smooth acceleration compared to internal combustion engines, which can offer a more pleasant driving experience. Reduced noise pollution can also benefit both drivers and pedestrians in urban environments.
Considering an EV?
Check out The Right EV for You page, which offers a range of available EV options. Here, you can gather information and make an informed choice in selecting the ideal EV that suits your needs.