Tampa Electric Air Services was established in 1976 to provide accurate and cost-effective air testing and environmental monitoring services to the company and our clients. Our goal is to provide superior customer service utilizing our experienced testing staff; prepare the most effective test plan; and provide reliable and accurate analytical results from our NELAC Certified Laboratory.
The Air Services team of highly qualified professionals has more than 80 years of collective experience in the performance of EPA reference methods. All Field Technicians are highly trained in safe work practices and have received ASTM D 7036-04 Qualified Stack Testing Individuals accreditation as well as having received additional specialized source test training through numerous emissions testing organizations.
Air Services provides Continuous Emissions Monitoring certifications and auditing, Stationary Source Sampling, and emissions testing on boilers, turbines, and natural gas-fire and diesel internal combustion engines for permit compliance requirements. Capabilities also include mercury spectrometer analyses from sorbent trap collection, NSPS Subpart OOOOa quarterly Optical Gas Imagery (OGI) leak detection surveys and plantwide OGI leak detection surveys for process safety.
Continuous Emissions Monitoring Certifications and Auditing
CEMS Quality Assurance auditing services include:
- Flow and Outlet Gas Relative Accuracy Test Audits (RATA)
- Linearity Checks and Cylinder Gas Audits
- Sorbent Trap Hg Sampling
- Process Flow Measurement
Certification and Auditing Projects include:
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) performance certifications
- Ultrasonic and Pitot tube flow monitor performance certifications
- CEM performance certifications (Multi-gas, Gas & Flow and Opacity systems)
- PM-CEM Certification, Relative Response Audits and Response Correlation Audits.
- Three-Dimensional (3-D) flow auditing and studies
- Cyclonic flow and stratification tests
Air Services also has capabilities in the sampling of a wide array of compounds using EPA Method 320 Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy testing including Ammonia Slip, Hydrochloric Acid, Sulfuric Acid Mist, Nitrous Oxide, Formaldehyde, and other Hazardous Air Pollutants.
Stationary Source Sampling
Air Services is equipped to conduct the following testing on all types of
fossil fuel and by-product facilities:
- Particulate Matter (PM), EPA Test Methods 5, 5B, 17, 201A
- Condensable Particulate Matter (CPM), EPA Test Method 202
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2), EPA Test Methods 6, 6C
- Sulfuric Acid Mist (SAM), EPA Test Methods 8, 8A
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx), EPA Test Methods 7, 7E, 20
- Carbon Monoxide (CO), EPA Test Methods 10
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and THC EPA Test Methods 18, 25A
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory (GHG) EPA Test Methods 301/320
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) EPA Test Method 26A
- Ammonia Slip (NH3) EPA Test Methods 027, 301, 320
- Visible Emissions Observations (VE) EPA Test Methods 9
- Mercury (Hg) and non-mercury metals (Pb & Cr) EPA Test Methods 29, 30B
- Mercury Air Toxic Rule Studies
- RICE Rule Emissions Testing (Emergency Generators/Diesel Engines/Compressor Stations)
Compliance Emissions and Engineering Testing
- Initial startup emissions and performance tests
- Engineering Testing for NESHAP, NSPS, PDS, NAAQS and permits
- FGD scrubber tower SO2/flow profile studies
- Combustion tuning for RICE engines, boilers and turbines.
- Turbine tuning for water injection & performance curves
- Emission Factor Profiles
- Mercury speciation studies
Air Services operates Spectrum System designed mobile test trailers capable of "wet or dry" extractive sampling for gaseous emissions. Our customized software by ESC Spectrum Systems enables run by run data management and "on the fly" calculations of emission rates and relative accuracy. Our new trailer systems also provide flexibility for powering up by use of a 13kw diesel generator and battery backup.
We look forward to serving your sampling and analytical needs.
For further in formation and pricing, please contact:
Aiden D. Reidy
Environmental Coordinator, Air Services
5010 Causeway Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33619