Tampa Electric Air Services was established by Tampa Electric Company in 1976 to provide accurate and cost-effective air testing and environmental monitoring services to the Company and to our clients. Our goal is to provide superior customer service utilizing our experienced testing staff, prepare the most effective test plan, and to provide reliable and accurate analytical results from our NELAC Certified Laboratory.
The Air Services team is highly qualified professionals with over 75 years of collective experience in the performance of EPA reference methods. All Field Technicians are highly trained in safe work practices and have received ASTM D 7036-04 Qualified Stack Testing Individuals (QSTI) accreditation as well as having received additional specialized source test training through numerous emissions testing organizations.
Air Services provides Continuous Emissions Monitoring certifications and auditing, Stationary Source Sampling, and emissions testing on boilers, turbines, and engines for permit compliance requirements. Capabilities also include mercury spectrometer analyses from sorbent trap collection.
Continuous Emissions Monitoring Certifications and Auditing
CEMS Quality Assurance auditing services includes:
- Relative Accuracy Test Audits (RATA)
- Linearity Checks and Cylinder Gas Audits
- Sorbent Trap Hg Sampling
- Process Flow Measurement
Certification and Auditing Projects include:
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) performance certifications
- Ultrasonic and Pitot tube flow monitor performance certifications
- CEM performance certifications (Multi-gas, Gas & Flow and Opacity systems)
- PM-CEM Certification and RATAs.
- Three-Dimensional (3-D) flow auditing and studies
- Cyclonic flow and stratification tests
Air Services also has capabilities in the sampling of a wide array of compounds using EPA Method 320 Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy testing.
Stationary Source Sampling
Air Services is equipped to conduct the following testing on all types of
fossil fuel and by-product facilities:
- Particulate Matter (PM)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
- Sulfuric Acid Mist (SAM)
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOX)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and THC
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory (GHG)
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCl)
- Ammonia Slip (NH3)
- Visible Emissions Observations (VEO)
- Mercury (Hg) and non-mercury metals (Pb & Cr)
- *Mercury Air Toxic Rule Studies
- *RICE Rule Emissions Testing (Emergency Generators/Diesel Engines)
Compliance Emissions and Engineering Testing
- Initial startup emissions and performance tests
- Boiler duct thermal profile studies
- FGD scrubber tower SO2/flow profile studies
- Alternative fuel test burns and fuel blend studies
- Turbine tuning for water injection & performance curves
- Emission Factor Profiles by FTIR
- Mercury speciation studies
Air Services operates Spectrum System designed mobile test trailers capable of "wet or dry" extractive sampling for gaseous emissions. Our customized LabView® software enables run by run data management and "on the fly" calculations of emission rates and relative accuracy.
We look forward to serving your sampling and analytical needs.
For further information and pricing, please contact:
David A. Smith, Environmental Coordinator, Air Services
5010 Causeway Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33619