Neighborhood Weatherization Program
Our Neighborhood Weatherization program helps qualified customers manage their electricity costs by making their home more energy efficient. If your home qualifies, we will provide and install an energy-saving kit at no cost to you. Here's what you'll receive:
- Six energy-efficient light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs
- Water heater wrap if needed (we'll also provide a water heater temperature card and explain how to make any necessary adjustments)
- Wall plate thermometer
- Refrigerator coil brush
- HVAC weather stripping kit
- Weather stripping for your doors
- Caulking for your windows (When Applicable)
- Hot water pipe insulation
- Low-flow showerheads and aerators
- Hot water gauge card
- Air filter whistle
That's not all! If your home qualifies, we'll also seal the duct work and install insulation in your attic.
Find out if you qualify
To get started, call Tampa Electric at 813-275-3909 to find out if your home is located within one of the geographic regions identified through U.S. Census data that qualifies as a low-income home. If you qualify, you can schedule an appointment with the Tampa Electric representative.
You may also qualify through community partnerships Tampa Electric has with Tampa Hillsborough Action Plan (THAP) and the Corporation to Develop Communities of Tampa, Inc. (CDC).
Sign up for a free Home Energy Audit
If you do not qualify for the Neighborhood Weatherization program, you can still sign up for Tampa Electric's free Home Energy Audit. Our energy experts will visit your home and identify areas where you can save energy. Learn more and sign up for a free Home Energy Audit today!