Receive a rebate of $0.0100 per Btu up to a maximum of 50 percent of the total project cost when you install a high-efficiency water heating system at your facility. Our Water Heating program will help you identify heat recovery units and heat pump water heaters that will generate optimum savings for you. Both new and existing construction projects qualify for this rebate.
How the program works
- Commercial Heat Recovery: New heat recovery units must be rated at the current AHRI standard 470 with a minimum recovery rate of 2,000 Btu per ton and must operate during peak demand hours (which vary by season).
- Commercial Heat Pump Water Heater: Also subject to seasonal demand hours, the system must be electric, meet AHRI and ASHRAE standards, have a minimum coefficient performance of 3.0, and be based on a water temperature that is a minimum of 120 degrees (or greater) leaving water temperature.
Acquiring your rebate
After the equipment is installed, please have the following information available before you begin the Water Heater program rebate application:
- Tampa Electric customer account number
- Contractor license number
- Contractor license number expiration date
The application will prompt you to upload the following information:
- Paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase)
- Specification sheets
- AHRI reference sheet
- Detailed contractor proposal
The information above must be submitted to qualify for the rebate. Please allow four weeks for processing.
When you're ready, complete and submit the Water Heater program rebate application. Once you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment/confirmation number that you can use to access your application. Be sure to write down and save the enrollment/confirmation number.
To access an existing application, simply enter the enrollment/confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application. This will allow you to make changes and upload any required files.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.