Prime Time PlusSM
Prime Time Plus is a free and easy way to earn credits on your electric bill, saving you energy and money each month.
Now your heating and cooling system, water heater and pool pump (if you have one) can actually save you money. The more equipment you have, the more you can save – up to $144 a year! And, we’ll install a free smart thermostat with an app for added convenience. Prime Time Plus is simple – you just sit back and save.
- Log into your account, select Prime Time Plus, and answer a few qualifying questions.
- Don’t have a username and password? Register now.
- Call 813-275-3909 weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00.
Not for you? Select the tab below to learn about Energy Planner.
How it works
Here’s how Tampa Electric’s Prime Time Plus program works.
- You allow Tampa Electric to temporarily turn off your heating and cooling, water heater and pool pump (if applicable) during periods of extremely high demand for electricity. We will notify you when this occurs.
- In exchange, you’ll earn monthly bill credits*. Your monthly credits will vary based on the equipment you choose to connect to Prime Time Plus.
- A small control device used to communicate with your water heater and/or pool pump will be installed near the equipment.
- We’ll install a smart thermostat that includes access to a mobile app, letting you adjust temperature settings, set flexible scheduling, receive usage reports, reminder alerts and more, whether you’re at home or away.
This table shows the credit amounts you can earn for each piece of equipment. Connect all three, you’ll receive a credit up to $144 per year. The more equipment you connect, the more credits you get!
|Equipment||Monthly Credit||Annual Credit|
|Heating and Cooling||$6||$72|
Why we offer Prime Time Plus
Prime Time Plus offers a way to help keep energy costs low for all customers. It does this by letting Tampa Electric reduce electricity use during periods of extremely high demand. Peak demand can occur at any time, but typically happens in the morning (winter months) or afternoon (summer months) when people are cooking, using hot water, turning on heating and cooling, etc. By reducing demand, we can avoid the need to invest in additional power generation facilities.
When you participate in Prime Time Plus, you’re helping to preserve natural resources, delay the need for more power plants and keep energy costs lower for everyone.
*Minimum of 400 kWh/mo. consumption required to receive credits.
Smart Thermostat and App
The ENERGY STAR®-certified smart thermostat you’ll receive at no cost lets you adjust temperature settings, set flexible scheduling, receive usage reports, reminder alerts and more, whether you’re at home or away.
Heating and Cooling Monitoring
- Smart Alerts notify you when your system may need service.
- Service Reminders tell you it’s time for routine maintenance or service.
- Usage Reports provide monthly system information.
Other popular features
- Smart Home Compatible because it works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit and Samsung SmartThings smart home platforms.
- Humidity Control helps you stay comfortable with humidification/dehumidification control.
- Circulating Fan helps maximize comfort and balance temperature throughout your home by increasing air circulation.
- Keypad Lockout lets you maintain total control by disabling changes made by others at the thermostat.
- Temperature Limits prevent others from adjusting temperatures too high or too low.
- Save about 23% on heating and cooling by adjusting the temperature using flexible scheduling, remote access, and geofencing.
The smart thermostat offers access to a mobile app that lets you manage your heating and cooling while at home or away. At the time of your installation, the Prime Time Plus installation expert will assist you with acquiring the app and demonstrating how use it.
The following equipment qualifies for Prime Time Plus
- Heating and Cooling – Centrally ducted electric heating and cooling, or centrally ducted electric heating. A Wi-Fi Internet connection and an IOS or Android mobile device are required.
- Water Heater – An electric tank water heater is all it takes.
- Pool Pump – Most pool pumps qualify. However, there are some variable-speed pumps with internal timer controls that may not qualify.
Prime Time Plus requires that you have a digital smart meter. Most customers already have a smart meter at their residence. Prime Time Plus is not available to customers who participate in our Energy Planner program.
On installation day, our licensed contractor will replace your existing thermostat with a Prime Time Plus smart thermostat. In addition, a small control device used to communicate with your water heater and/or pool pump will be installed. The control device is usually placed in the garage, utility room or a closet. Installation is free and takes about two hours to complete.
The control device includes a small LED light that illuminates when your water heater and/or pool pump are turned off.
A Tampa Electric Prime Time Plus expert will accompany the installation contractor. They will take time to demonstrate how to use the smart thermostat, assist you with downloading the free app and make sure you’re comfortable using the devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Based on historical demand data, a typical control time will last about one hour. However, if we experience extremely high demand, your equipment can be turned off one or more times throughout the day and night, lasting for more than one hour at a time.
- Heating and cooling – a maximum of 88 hours per year
- Water heater – no maximum
- Pool pump – a maximum of 88 hours per year
A. Yes, you will receive a notification via the thermostat and app. In addition, you’ll have the option to receive alerts via text and/or email.
A. If you’re unable to accept a controlled event on any specific day, call Tampa Electric’s Energy Management Services at 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. If an event does not occur on that day, it will not count against your opt-out limit.
A. The smart thermostat will display a message when your heating and cooling system is being controlled. An LED light will illuminate on the control device when your pool pump and/or water heater are being controlled.
A. If a control even will cause an inconvenience, you can opt out in advance. For example, if you plan to have guests on Friday and do not want a control event to occur that day, you can opt out any time prior to that Friday by calling Tampa Electric’s Energy Management Services at 813-275-3909 weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You cannot opt out on the day of a controlled event or once it begins.
A. You should see no impact to how you use your timers.
A. Opting out one time within a control season (Summer is May-Oct., Winter is Nov.-Apr.) will have no impact on your credits. However, two consecutive opt outs will result in loss of credits until the next control event occurs.
A. Your monthly electric bill will reflect the credits earned during your prior month of service.
A. If you rent, we encourage you to notify your landlord and receive permission. When you sign up for Prime Time Plus, you will select an option verifying that your landlord is aware and has granted permission to install Prime Time Plus at the residence.
A. Yes, Prime Time Plus is available to all residential customers regardless of housing type. If you rent, we encourage you to notify your landlord and receive permission. When you sign up for Prime Time Plus, you will select an option verifying that your landlord is aware and has granted permission to install Prime Time Plus at the residence.
Here’s an alternative to Prime Time Plus
If you want to save even more, check out our free Energy Planner program that lets you plan your highest energy use during the time of day when demand for electricity is lowest. By doing so, we’re able to “reward” you with lower rates. Think of it as shopping every day during a limited-time sale! Here’s a side-by-side comparison.
Ask for Identification
All Tampa Electric team members and contractors are required to carry photo identification cards. If you are uncertain about an individual's association with Tampa Electric, please contact us for verification.