Tampa Electric's Heating and Cooling program lets you earn a rebate when you replace your old, inefficient air conditioning system with a new, energy-efficient system that meets our energy-saving standards. This program is available to all residential customers.
Qualifying systems include:
- Heat pumps – 15.0 SEER or greater $135
- Straight cool / natural gas heat – 15.0 SEER or greater $135 (new furnace required, propane gas does not qualify)
- Heat pump mini splits – 15.0 SEER or greater $135 (based on the number of condensing units)
- Geothermal systems – 12.0 EER or greater $135
- A minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) of 15.0 is required to participate.
- Geothermal systems are eligible with a minimum EER of 12.0.
- Ductless heat pump mini-split systems that have a minimum SEER of 15.0 are eligible for a rebate. The rebate is based on the number of condensing units.
Acquiring your rebate
Please have the following information available before you start completing the Heating & Cooling rebate application:
- Customer's Tampa Electric account number
The application will prompt you to upload the following information:
- AHRI reference sheet
- Paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase)
The information above must be submitted to qualify for the rebate. Tampa Electric requires the contractor to deduct the rebate amount from the customer's invoice and show the rebate amount as a separate line item on the customer's invoice. Once this is complete, the rebate will be paid directly to the contractor.
The contractor or homeowner (if owner-installed) must complete and submit the Heating & Cooling rebate application within 90 days after installation is complete. Once you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment/confirmation number that you can use to access your application. Be sure to write down and save the enrollment/confirmation number. If you have questions, call 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note: In order to submit a rebate request, contractors must register with Tampa Electric to obtain an eight-digit vendor number. To register, please complete and submit this Vendor Number Request form. A vendor number will be e-mailed to you within five to seven business days and can be used to submit multiple rebate applications.
To access an existing application, simply enter the enrollment/confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application. This will allow you to make changes and upload any required files.
Control Costs, Save Energy, Save Money
Ask for Identification
All Tampa Electric team members and contractors are required to carry photo identification cards. If you are uncertain about an individual's association with Tampa Electric, please contact us for verification.