Efficient and effective lighting is a must for any business – especially when it comes to site safety. The Lighting program offers rebates for upgrading the permanent lighting at your facility. Conditioned or non-conditioned space lighting systems, along with hardwired compact fluorescent fixtures may qualify. New construction projects do not qualify for this rebate.
How the program works
Earn a rebate of $148 per kilowatt (kW) reduction when you install energy-efficient lighting technology and systems that help reduce your demand for electricity.
Earn a rebate of $75 per kilowatt (kW) reduction when you install energy-efficient lighting technology and systems that help reduce your demand for electricity.
Please complete and submit the appropriate lighting retrofit proposal:
Delamping (removing unnecessary lamps or fixtures) at your facility may qualify for a rebate when the following conditions are met.
- The lighting levels recommended by the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) for that space type must be met.
- The post-retrofit lighting levels as measured at the working surface by a foot-candle meter must be equal to or greater than the pre-retrofit lighting levels.
- All unused fixtures, lamp holders and ballasts must be removed from the space.
Pre-approval is required
Before work begins, please submit the following information to Tampa Electric using the appropriate application:
After you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment/confirmation number that you can use to access your application. Be sure to write down and save the enrollment/confirmation number.
- Tampa Electric customer account number
- Contractor license number
- Contractor license number expiration date
The application will prompt you to upload the following information:
- Specification sheets
- Detailed worksheet showing total light count (if available)
- Detailed contractor proposal
- Lighting retrofit proposal
Once your application is received, a Tampa Electric representative will review the information and contact you if additional information is required or your application is approved.
Acquiring your rebate
Once work is complete, you must submit a paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase) to Tampa Electric. To do this, simply access your existing application and enter the enrollment/confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.