Efficient and effective lighting is a must for any business – especially when it comes to site safety. The Lighting program offers rebates for upgrading the permanent lighting at your facility. Conditioned or non-conditioned space lighting systems, along with hardwired compact fluorescent fixtures may qualify. New construction projects do not qualify for this rebate.
How the program works
Earn a rebate of $250 per kilowatt (kW) reduction when you install energy-efficient lighting technology and systems that help reduce your demand for electricity.
Earn a rebate of $200 per kilowatt (kW) reduction when you install energy-efficient lighting technology and systems that help reduce your demand for electricity. Please note that stadium lighting, sports field lighting, and landscape lighting are not eligible for this rebate.
Please complete and submit the appropriate lighting retrofit proposal:
Delamping (removing unnecessary lamps or fixtures) within conditioned space at your facility may qualify for a rebate when the following conditions are met.
- The lighting levels recommended by the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) for that space type must be met.
- The post-retrofit lighting levels as measured at the working surface by a foot-candle meter must be equal to or greater than the pre-retrofit lighting levels.
- All unused fixtures, lamp holders and ballasts must be removed from the space.
Pre-approval is required
Before work begins, please submit the following information to Tampa Electric using the appropriate application:
After you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment/confirmation number that you can use to access your application. Be sure to write down and save the enrollment/confirmation number.
- Tampa Electric customer account number
- Contractor license number
- Contractor license number expiration date
The application will prompt you to upload the following information:
- Specification sheets
- Detailed worksheet showing total light count (if available)
- Detailed contractor proposal
- Lighting retrofit proposal
Once your application is received, a Tampa Electric representative will review the information and contact you if additional information is required or your application is approved.
Acquiring your rebate
Once work is complete, you must submit a paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase) to Tampa Electric. To do this, simply access your existing application and enter the enrollment/confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.