Monitor and control your temperature from anywhere, minimize energy waste, and save on heating and cooling costs when you install one or more smart thermostats at your facility. New construction projects do not qualify for this rebate.
How the program works
Tampa Electric provides a rebate of up to 50 percent of the project cost, with a maximum of $4,500, when you install one or more smart thermostats. The smart thermostat must have the following capabilities:
- Wi-Fi connected
- Remotely controlled
- Programmable and automatic adjustment of temperatures for optimal performance
- Provide equipment use and temperature data
Pre-approval is required
Before work begins, please submit the following information to Tampa Electric using the Smart Thermostat program rebate application. After you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment/confirmation number that you can use to access your application. Be sure to write down and save the enrollment/confirmation number.
- Tampa Electric customer account number
- Contractor license number
- Contractor license number expiration date
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) and tonnage of the HVAC unit(s) being controlled by the smart thermostat
The application will prompt you to upload the following information:
- Specification sheets
- Detailed contractor proposal
Acquiring your rebate
Once work is complete, you must submit a paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase) to Tampa Electric. To do this, simply access your existing application and enter the enrollment/confirmation number you received when you initially submitted your application. Please allow four weeks for processing.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 813-275-3909 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.